Thursday, January 25, 2007

ANOTHER OFFICIAL QUITS AFTER HENSHAW'S BULLYING

THE CURSE OF HENSHAW has struck again...
Another senior official has quit after a bust-up with Sir Diddy (Sir David Henshaw, ed)
But this time it is not a council official, but a senior health service official who has resigned.
Maggie Boyle, chief executive of the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen Hospitals Trust has announced that she is leaving after four-and-a-half years in the job.
Ms Boyle is leaving the £145,000 a year job and getting out of the North West into the bargain, to avoid having to work a day longer under Sir Diddy's direction as Chairman of the North West Strategic Health Authority.
Instead she is going across the border to Yorkshire to run the country's largest teaching hospital in Leeds.
But unusually for a departing senior bureaucrat, she went out of her way to make clear her views about Sir Diddy following a lengthy battle with him over plans to build a £12.5m bypass on the hospital's city centre site.
An agreement was finally only reached last year after Sir Diddy was forced to take early retirement from the city council when new council leader Warren Bradley told him to go.
Ms Boyle admitted the negotiations with Henshaw had been "difficult", mainly because he hated having to face a strong woman who would stand up to him and refused to be bullied.
She said discussions had become easier following his forced departure.
"It was much smoother once Warren Bradley took over as leader at the council. He and the new chief executive Colin Hilton have been much easier to deal with.
"It was about finding a compromise that meant both the hospital and the road could be built, because at one point it looked like we might have neither." (thanks to Henshaw's bull-headed obstinacy and opposition to any idea that did not come from his own little brain, ed)
"I'm happy that the solution we've come up with is the best for the city," said Boyle.
Henshaw, of course, will be delighted at Boyle's departure so that he does not have to face her again.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

By Jove! here i am again, being accused of all sorts! You ungrateful Bassets!

What have I done to deserve this missus? How tickled I was to take up my new post as chairman of the Great North Western Railway Health Authority. Or whatever it's called. To be honest,I only looked at the wages. Mind the gap! Ha-ha, Yes, the one between credibility and salary.

Well as you know, my tickling stick can fill any gap, They can't touch you for it! Yes, health. Of course I've been drumming up business for the health service for years, most people are quickly sick at the sight of me.

As new chairman, I was able to pick my own chair, but I still had to put four cushions on it so they could see my head over the table. And now, here I am working in health being accused of speeding up the process to get rid of a troublesome boil!

People are saying that I was scared of her standing up to me, what nonsense! she stood up to me once and i looked her straight in the gusset and said, listen here Maggie, you'll never walk down Lime Street anymore if you carry on like this. Mind you, you can't drive down either. So as Chairman, i excercised my authority and hid her chair for the next meeting. She was totally discomknockerated and quickly cleared off to take a new job in charge of the Veterinary surgery in Emmerdale.

i was in Emmerdale once you know missus, Ooo Arrrhh yes! In the old days when Amos Brailey was birdwatching. The script called for a little tit to come through the window of the Woolpack.... how dare you madam? No I was an extra who found a feather in his pint. Anyway, where was I? oh yes..do you know ladies and gentlemen, it's free for the public to dial 999? That can't be right? Lets's face it, if you are really sick you wont mind paying a few bob to phone for an ambulance. And now when you ring them, there's no recorded message or music to listen to! What kind of customer care is that? A little Rossini will help you stop worrying about the scissors in your neck. The Thieving Magpie has always been a favourite of mine. That reminds me i must call the Doctor myself. And this 999 service is all so gloomy. Cheer the callers up with a few shaggy dog stories, in fact I'll give you his number. Now we all want good health and i believe that there is only one part of the body that needs treating regularly, and that's the funny bone. yes the Humourus. we all need to excercise the chuckle muscle at least 3 times a day. First thing in the morning, I go into the bathroom, take all my clothes off in front of the mirror and look at the size of my moneybelt. Ha Ha! By Jove! One sneeze and I could hit the jackpot. Hold yer plums Diddy!!

And forget all this nonsense about obesity, it's nice to get hold of something, isn't it ladies and gentlemen, I keep piling on the pounds and that excercises my chuckle muscle every time I go to the bank.

Yes the Wealth Service is safe in my hands!!! Tatty-bye everybody tatty-bye!!!

Anonymous said...

All joking aside, just to put the record straight, this story is totally untrue. I greatly admired Maggie Boyle. In fact I looked up to her, even with my cuban heels on, standing on my chair.

From the first day I came into post i thought she was looking a little tired and I tried to refer her to the Well Woman Clinic. I just couldn't find a well deep enough!

NHS, NHS the latest twist in my progress.

I thank the Lord that I've been blessed, by idiots in power that I've impressed.

Tatty bye everybody, Tatty bye!

Anonymous said...

He was such a liability for this city

Tony Parrish47 said...

I am seriously considering starting a Professor Chucklebutty blog, to give his learned and near legendary contributions even more prominence. What does everyone reckon?

Tony Parrish47 said...

or should that be the Squire of Medi cash? I can't keep up with all this humnour!!!

Tony Parrish47 said...

i have just read the squire's comments out to a friend, colleague and supporter (with suitable intonation, pauses and emphasis) who was travelling on the train and she almost wet herself after i got to the bit about charging for 999 calls... There were some very strange sounds coming from the other end of the line. Apparently she was so discomknockerated the ticket man almost called a doctor (not mcelhinney, obviously). I think we have found a new talent...

Tori Blare said...

Stop talking to yourself Tony, it's the first sign of madness they say....
How does Ken Dodd feel about Chucklebutty stealing his humour ideas and phrases?
Funny as hell though, I'm a fan already.

Anonymous said...

starting a Chucklebutty blog would be a tittifilarious idea looking forward to that one

Anonymous said...

I don't understand. If shes quitting because of a bust up with diddy why do it months after hes gone? Is she quitting because of diddy or not?

Anonymous said...

I took it to mean that she found him so ghastly to deal with (as an equal) that she was getting away from him being her "boss" in his new role as chairman of Strategic NW Health Authority

Anonymous said...

By Jove, if that comment about my new role is correct and I'm in charge of health and it has nothing to do with the North Western Railways, I've been wasting me time with all these timetables for the last couple of months. Never mind, the trains may not be rolling but the cash is. All aboard!

Anonymous said...

I stood up to Henshaw once, he just does not understand the concept of gender equality when it comes to the big bosses of organisations.
He looks at you with surprise and seems to find it absurd a woman talking to him as if they were in any way equal to him!
I was lucky I did not have to deal with him again and I stood my ground, I truly feel sorry for all the women that have had the misfortune to come across him.
I don't feel sorry for his wife though because she gets lots of lovely money off him.
This of course makes up for the lack of promise in the trouser area of Henshaw.